Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Steam.
Reviewed On: Xbox One
Release Date: 03/10/2017
Reviewed By: Jen
LISTEN TO THE FULL REVIEW: GTG 122: Ghost Recon Wildlands | Table Top Racing: World Tour | Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker
Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker is a colorful and humorous dating simulator. It made the leap from mobile to Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program. In the game, you manage your own dating agency with the guidance of drag queen diva Kitty Powers. Your job is to match clients with potential candidates from Kitty’s little black book.
Your clients have different base personalities like, Geeky, Sporty, Hipster and Edgy. Each client has varied interests that are more specific and a preference of eye color and hair color. They also specify if they are looking for male, female or either.
You match the couple, choose their restaurant location and then guide the date through a series of conversations, mini-games and dilemmas. As you prove yourself with happy couples, your reputation raises and you unlock new restaurants and upgrades.
Put on your thinking cap because there are lots of details to remember to ensure a successful date! You want to make sure to not repeat restaurant locations. You also want to remember the interests of your client and the date’s. On top of that, you need to remember to not repeat conversation topics across multiple dates. Then you have a variety of mini-games on the date, most require you to pay attention to detail!
Moto Stream Highlight | Kitty Powers' Matchmaker | Xbox One
- Choose menu item based on the date's preferences.
- Remember what the waiter or waitress looks like. You never know when you will need to call them to the table.
- What’s new with the date? The date takes off to the restroom and comes back with a different physical attribute or clothing change.
- Memorize the dessert lineup in order. The date will say which number of desert they want.
- Cloud matching game. Match the clouds to tell an epic story!
- Date tells you how much to tip the waiter in order to test your math skills.
- A drag queen on my Xbox! How cool is that?
- The humor in the beginning was great.
- The innuendo is pretty hilarious.
- Loved creating my personal profile. Even better that it is shared with my Xbox friends and is being sent out on dates.
- Super happy, colorful cartoon artwork.
- Why does the couple have to eat the same meal?
- The game gets stale fast. Best in small bursts.
- The Xbox achievements and in-game currency feel grindy.
- My brain gets tired of paying attention and remembering.
I enjoyed Kitty Powers' Matchmaker but I found that I can’t sit and play for long periods of time. In my opinion the $11.99 price point is a little high. I would liked to have seen the price around $6.99. I still find myself coming back to the game and unlocking upgrades and additional clients. My favorite thing to do is trying to match my Xbox friends and find them true love.
A code for the game was provided for review purposes.